In today’s reposted episode from back in May of 2021, Stuart welcomes Adam Meakins. Adam, @adammeakins on Instagram, is well known for his evidence-based approach to physiotherapy, strong views and his willingness to call out some of what he describes as nonsense surrounding his profession. They spend most of it discussing what we know about the association between technique and injury. Should you focus on making your client’s form perfect, or should we just let people exercise as they please? They also get into the relationship between core strength and back pain, using medical imaging like MRIs and spinal flexion during deadlifts.
Find Out More About Adam:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adammeakins/
- Website: https://www.thesports.physio/
- Podcast: https://www.thesports.physio/the-naf-physio-podcast/
Find Out More About LTB:
- Website: https://liftthebar.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/liftthebar/?
- 14-Day Free Trial: https://liftthebar.thrivecart.com/ltb-membership-49