Andrew Coates is an Edmonton, Canada based personal trainer who has been training clients for 9 years. He is a fitness writer and contributor to T-Nation and the writer and co-host of The Fitness Devil Podcast. He is also the co-founder/organizer of The Evolve Canadian Strength Symposium. In this episode, we discuss why you should attend in-person fitness events, why one client can easily turn into ten and using social media to gain business.
Find Out More About Andrew:
- [04.36] – Why has he put so much time into attending different fitness seminars and conferences?
- [14.33] – Does he think you can attend too many events?
- [16.58] – Does he do anything post-event to ensure he’s applying what he’s learning?
- [20.46] – How Andrew’s career as a PT started?
- [27.13] – How his first client set off a chain of referrals
- [30.13] – Has he found that you get less “energy vampire” type clients as the years go on?
- [40.35] – Why it’s useful to question your own bullshit
- [42.56] – How many personal training sessions he tends to do per month
- [46.23] – What he’s done to generate business
- [49.33] – Closing messages.