In today’s episode, Stuart talks to Brett Barthomolew about burnout, where it comes from and how to spot the things that may end up with you burning yourself out, why working on your communication skills is an essential aspect of being a coach and whether or not you can build buy-in with your clients quickly.
Brett Bartholomew is a strength and conditioning coach, author of the excellent Conscious Coaching, consultant, and Founder of the performance coaching and consulting company, The Bridge Human Performance®. His experience includes working with athletes both in the team environment and private sector along with members of the United States Special Forces and members of Fortune 500 companies. You can find out more about Brett and all of his work by heading to artofcoaching.com
Find Out More About Brett:
- [02.20] – How he’s finding being a new parent
- [05.15] – A discussion about burnout
- [20.35] – What doesn’t work for preventing burnout
- [23.00] – Why he takes so much inspiration from other fields unrelated to the fitness industry
- [33.00] – How to assess how effective your communication is
- [40.35] – Can we build buy-in quickly?
- [48.05] – What coaches can do to build buy-in more effectively early on in the coaching process
- [52.10] – How he’s dealing with the uncertainty of what’s going on right now