Stuart welcomes on Dean Somerset. Dean has been a personal trainer since 2004 who has been educating trainers for the last 10 years. He’s worked with an array of clients from all kinds of backgrounds but has specifically built up a bit of a niche working with clients with injuries. In this episode, we discuss developing a niche in a commercial gym, how to accurately assess your clients and why some of Dean’s clients of over 10 years have never touched a barbell.
Check out this episode!
How he has found making the jumpÂ from being in an employed commercial space to now being in a self-employed independent gym.
- What it was like for him starting in 2004.
- HowÂ to get into working with medical rehab populations.
- What to do if you’re struggling to become busy as a PT.
- How he’s achieved longevity as a trainer.
- How he initially assesses a new client.
- Why some of his clients, who have been with him for 10-12 years, have never touched a barbell.
- How important Dean thinks posture is.
- How he works with clients who have lower back pain.
Find Out More About Dean:
Find Out More About LTB: