In today’s episode, Stuart interviews Dr. John Berardi. They discuss career direction and making sense of where you want to go, as well as touching on not feeling like you’re doing enough and how to use social media as a personal trainer (check below if you’d like to see specific timestamps!).
John is a Canadian-American entrepreneur best known as the co-founder of Precision Nutrition, the world’s largest nutrition coaching, education, and software company. He’s also the founder of Change Maker Academy, devoted to helping would-be changemakers turn their passion for health and fitness into a powerful purpose and a wildly successful career. Over the last 15 years, he’s advised Apple, Equinox and Nike as well as the San Antonio Spurs, US Open Champ Sloane Stephens, and 2-division UFC Champ Georges St. Pierre. He’s also been named one of the 20 smartest coaches in the world and 100 most influential people in health and fitness.
- [02.03] – Would he have changed anything about his book, Change Maker, due to what has happened with covid-19?
- [08.15] – His message to a personal trainer who is struggling just now.
- [10.45] – An example of a caterer who has changed his offering during covid.
- [14.55] – The personality profile of trainers who are successful online.
- [18.50] – Unique abilities, purpose and values exercise for making more sense of where to go in your career.
- [26.30] – Why the belief that you must become a coach in the fitness industry limits the people that come into it.
- [29.15] – A story about ‘Dave’s Killer Bread’ and a gym owner who moved into mobile personal training.
- [35.30] – “I’m just a personal trainer, am I not doing enough?”
- [37.30] – Why it’s important to be as much ‘you’ as you can be.
- [42.43] – Social media being detrimental to our mental and business health.
- [47.15] – Using social media for business growth.
- [49.45] – Why marketing is not just social media.
- [1.08.25] – The instant validation/ feedback that social media provides.
Find Out More About John: