In today’s episode, Stuart talks to Jordan Syatt. They start by talking about a story involving Jordan getting caught smoking weed by his Mum before moving into a discussion about lying and vulnerability which transitions into all things related to content creation. What platform to concentrate your time, how to get more engagement, how to stop feeling so drawn to the likes your posts receive and what single step to take to make your next post better and more.
Jordan began Syatt Fitness, his online fitness coaching business, from his dorm at the University of Delaware in 2011 and has become one of the industry’s leading experts in strength training, nutrition, and behavioral psychology. One of the only people in the world to deadlift 4x his own body weight, Jordan’s work has been featured all over the world including a variety of media publications such as CNN, The Huffington Post, Business Insider, Men’s Health Magazine, Men’s Fitness Magazine, and Schwarzenegger.com
- [02.08] – Jordan tells a story about his Mum catching him smoking weed.
- [07.25] – Has he always been so willing to share vulnerable things on social media?
- [13.08] – Is social media a good place to put vulnerable things out on?
- [14.29] – Why it’s so normal to feel drawn to the likes you get on a social media post.
- [15.50] – How he has learnt to view each individual post he outs on social media?
- [23.30] – How to start getting more likes, engagement, shares etc on your social media posts?
- [26.32] – Why the quantity of followers is less important than most people think.
- [30.02] – How he’s stayed so consistent with creating content?
- [28.24] – What you should post about?
- [34.15] – Why he’d pick long-form blog posts as his number content medium.
- [37.22] – Taking people from social media engagement to becoming a potential lead/ someone who signs up to your service?
- [40.21] – Why every single piece of content has to have an IPA (immediately practical action)
- [43.04] – Is the fitness industry too saturated?