In today’s episode, Stuart talks to Nick Winkelman about the power of tough to hear feedback, reflective practice, creating coaching cues with your clients, coaching the push-up using a framework called the coaching communication loop and what Nick’s favourite analogy/ coaching cue is. The section on the push up is a masterclass in coaching so even if you skip ahead and listen to that I promise you’ll get a tonne from this episode!
- [05.50] – How he responded to receiving some hard to take feedback about the first editions of his book.
- [07.25] – How important receiving feedback has been for him throughout his career.
- [10.15] – Questions to ask your clients to help with collaboration when creating cues.
- [18.05] – Why coaches are more comfortable talking about programming than they are about coaching, communication and motivation.
- [23.05] – Where a trainer should start if they want to start learning more about the intricacies of coaching.
- [28.35] – Nick explains what the coaching communication loop is.
- [32.50] – Nick takes us through how he would coach a push-up to a new client using the coaching communication loop.
- [39.42] – If Nick thinks we should take the time outside of sessions to create coaching cues and analogies.
- [42.30] – Nick’s favourite cue or analogy
Find Out More About Nick: